WASIFU Shabani Mrai HIKI
KUZALIWA : 08/06/1965
● Msingi 1972 – 1978 Shule ya Msingi Mtipa, Manispaa ya Singida
● Sekondari 1979 – 1982 Shule ya Sekondari ya Ufundi Mazengo, Dodoma (Cheti Elimu ya Sekondari)
● Chuo 1983 – 1986 Technical College Arusha (Full Technician Certificate)
Chuo 1987 – 1992 Chuo Kikuu cha Dsm (Bsc in Mechanical Engineering)
● JKT 1986 – 1987 Makutopora (Operesheni Nidhamu)
1992 – 1994 Mhandisi wa Uzalishaji Karakana ya SIDO Vingunguti
● KUJIUNGA NA JESHI LA POLISI
15 Januari 1995
Januari 1995 hadi Sep 1995 Kozi ya Mkaguzi Msaidizi wa Polisi Chuo cha Polisi Kurasini.
March 1999 hadi Sept 1999 kozi ya Mkaguzi wa Magari na Mtahini wa Madereva Chuo cha Usafirishaji cha Taifa.
March 2001 – Sept 2001 kozi ya Uofisa wa Polisi ktk Chuo cha Polisi Kurasini
March 2002 – Jun 2002 Chuo cha ILLEA Gaborone, Botswana
● UONGOZI :
1996 – 1997 Mkuu wa Dawati la Intelejensia Ofisi ya Mkuu wa Upelelezi Mkoa Kilimanjaro
1997 – 1999 Mkuu wa Ufundi wa Magari Madogo (Saloon Car) Karakana ya Matengenezo ya Magari ya Polisi Kilwa road
2000 – 2002 Mkuu wa Kituo cha Polisi Usalama Barabarani (W) Morogoro, Mkaguzi wa Magari na Mtahini wa Madereva.
2002 – 2006 Kaimu Mkuu wa Polisi Usalama Barabarani (M) Morogoro
2006 – Juni 2007 Mkuu wa Polisi Kituo cha Usalama Barabarani (W) Morogoro, Mkaguzi wa Magari na Mtahini wa Madereva.
Julai 2007 – Aug 2008 Mkuu wa Polisi Usalama Barabarani (M) Mbeya, Mkaguzi wa Magari na Mtahini wa Madereva.
Aug 2008 – 2013 Kamanda wa Kikosi cha Matengenezo ya Magari ya Polisi Kilwa road
2013 – Jun 2014 Afisa Mnadhimu Kitengo cha Maendeleo na Lojistiki Makao Makuu ya Polisi
Jun 2014 – March 2015 Afisa Mnadhimu Kurugenzi ya Intelejensia ya Jinai
Apr 2015 – Jun 2016 Kamanda wa Kikosi cha Matengenezo ya Magari ta Polisi Kilwa road
Jun 2016 – Jun 2017 Chifu wa Intelenjesia ya Jinai
Jun 2017 – Feb 2019 Kaimu Kamishina wa Kamisheni ya Uchunguzi wa Kisayansi
March 2019 hadi sasa Kamishina wa Kamishenu ya Uchunguzi wa Sayansi ya Jinai.
● KUPANDISHWA VYEO
1995 – Mkaguzi Msaidizi wa Polisi (Assistant INSP)
1998 – Mkaguzi wa Polisi(INSP)
2001 – Mrakibu Msaidizi wa Polisi (ASP)
2007 – Mrakibu wa Polisi (SP)
2008 – Mrakibu Mwandamizi wa Polisi (SSP)
2010 – Kamishina Msaidizi wa Polisi (ACP)
2014 – Kamishina Msaidizi Mwandamizi wa Polisi (SACP)
2016 – Naibu Kamishina wa Polisi (DCP)
2019 – Kamishina wa Polisi (CP)
“The aim of establishment of forensic science laboratories in Tanzania Police Force was to all answering questions that are of legal interest. Through utilization of scientific analytical tools and techniques in the discovery of evidence deemed relevant in the investigation of criminal cases” That is why Forensic Bureau was established in 1954 by then known as “Identification Bureau” with only two sections namely fingerprint and Criminal record. Later on, in 1960 four sections were added which are; Photographic, Questioned Document, Crime scene Management and Ballistic. Due to geographical dispersion, forensic services were decentralized in the year between 1962 and 1963 branches of Identification Bureau were opened in Tabora, Tanga and Arusha. In 2005 five new sections of were introduced, these are Chemistry, Biology/DNA, Toxicology, Trace Evidence, Pathology, Cybercrime
Subject to the general directions of the Chief of Police Force, the Commissioner of Forensic Bureau shall be responsible for the following duties:-
- Inform the Chief of Police Force on matters of forensic science examinations;
- Conduct inspections to ensure that the highest standards of efficiency in the exhibits and evidence examination are maintained by Forensic Bureau units and personnel;
- Supervise regional and units Forensic Bureau and personnel;
- Promote and maintain cooperation with other Commissions, the Director of Public Prosecutions and other Government Departments;
- Manage compilation and collation of criminal records and returns;
- Supervise the handing over of the exhibits of serious crimes;
- (g)Recommend to the Chief of Police Force change of levies rates Chargeable for services rendered by Forensic Bureau;
- Liaise with the Director of Public Prosecutions in legal matters;
- Submit recommendations for the appointment, posting, transfer, Promotion and special training for the general efficiency of the Forensic Bureau.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Chief of Document and Cyber Crime Forensic
Subject to the directions of the Commissioner of Forensic Bureau, the Chief of Document and Cyber Crime Forensic shall be responsible for the Following duties:-
- Manage fingerprints records for tracing criminal antecedents as provided under
- Prepare and provide criminal records once needed;
- Prepare and provide fingerprints investigation reports (Vetting Reports) for the individuals, Government and other institutions;
- Manage and control the process of receiving, searching and storing Fingerprints;
- Administer analysis of digital, electronic devices and prepare forensic Analytical report;
- Prepare and publish crime and criminal reports in police gazette;
- Manage printing of police forms;
- Such other duties as the Commissioner of Forensic Bureau may direct.
Duties and Responsibilities for Chief of Forensic Natural Science
Subject to the directions of the Commissioner of Forensic Bureau, the Chief of Forensic Natural Science shall be responsible for the following duties:-
- Manage storage of evidence for scientific analysis;
- Oversee receipt and registration of physical evidence for Police, Government Chemist and Medical Laboratories;
- Manage photo, CCTV, video and audio analysis;
- Supervise motor vehicle engines and chassis numbers examinations;
- Supervise and control firearms, ammunitions, spent cartridges, tool Mark and explosives examinations;
- Supervise and control crime scene management in all crimes;
- Manage and promote Police Museum records;
- Supervise examination of disputed fingerprint and provide reports.
Duties and Responsibilities of Officer Commanding Regional and units Forensic Bureau
Subject to the general directions of the Commissioner of Forensic Bureau, Officer Commanding Regional and Units Forensic Bureau are primarily and directly responsible to their Regional and units Commanders for all matters relating to collection and management of forensic evidence within their Regions and units.
Officer Commanding Regional and Units Forensic Bureau shall carryout Collection and management of exhibits and shall be responsible for the
- Supervise Forensic Bureau personnel in their regions and units;
- Conduct inspections and visits in their regions and units;
- Supervise collection, packaging, preservation and transportation of Exhibits to the specified Forensic Bureau and other laboratories;
- Keep their regional and units commanders fully informed in all Matters of exhibits examination reports;
- Maintain close liaison with the Commissioner of Forensic Bureau on All criminal matters of a serious nature;
- Conduct on job training of Forensic Bureau personnel based on the Curriculum approved by the Chief of Police Force;
- Ensure general compliance by all Forensic Bureau units with the procedures and requirements laid down in these Orders, and Particularly in the following: Criminal Investigation Division–Maintenance of Records; Criminal Statistics; Crime and Incidents–Serious; Dead Bodies; Investigation Exhibits; Investigation Fingerprints; Investigation Identification by Photographs; Investigation Missing Persons; Investigation Scenes of Crime sections; Investigation Wanted Persons; Reports Immediate Action on Receipt of; Supervision of Habitual Criminals on Court Order; Supervision of Habitual criminals without court Supervision Order. Submit promptly all returns
Duties and Responsibilities of Officer Commanding District Forensic Bureau
District Forensic Bureau shall be responsible to their Officer Commanding District for all matters relating to collection and management of forensic Evidence and shall be responsible for the following:-
- Visit personally to the scene so fall-serious crimes and incidents Occurring in the Districts;
- Prepare crime reports for submission to Regional or units Headquarters;
- Control and supervise day-to-day duties of Forensic personnel;
- Perform all other duties as may be ordered.
Divisional Forensic Bureau Units – Railways, Ports, Marine and Airports
- Subject to the general directions of the Commissioner of Forensic Bureau, the officer’s in charge of the FB Units of the Railways Units (TAZARA Police and Tanzania Railways Corporation Police), Ports, Marine and Airports Police are responsible to their Unit Commanders For all matters relating to collection and management of exhibits in their units.
- These units are empowered for collection, packaging, preservation and transportation of exhibits into offences relating to their units.
- District Forensic Bureau officers shall normally visit crime scenes of Serious crimes on trains, Ports, Marine and railway property occurring In their area, and other crimes such as serious assaults against the Person which are not directly related to railway, Ports, Marine or Airport operations. However, the assistance of the Airports, Ports, Marine, and Railways Units may be sought and involved in all serious cases.
- Personnel of the Airports, Ports, Marine and Railways Units (TAZARA and Tanzania Railways Corporation) Forensic Bureau Units will maintain the closest liaison with Regional and District Forensic
- Bureau Units when engaged in exhibits collection into airports, Ports, Marine or railways offences in their respective areas and will ensure that all information obtained on other criminal matters is passed to the respective Forensic Bureau Unit.
FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY EACH LABORATORY
- SCENE OF CRIME
This laboratory is responsible for processing crime scene evidence which include identifying, collecting, preserving, sketching, and transportation of evidence to laboratory facilities
This laboratory deals with; fingerprint collection, searching, vetting and analysis of fingerprint leading to identification of criminals.
- DOCUMENT EXAMINATION
Document Examination laboratory deals with examination of Handwriting, Signatures, Forgery, Counterfeits, Printing Techniques, Rubber stamp marks, Paper marks, Ink analysis and restorations of erased documents
This laboratory deals with analysis of electronic devices, such as Computer and Mobile phones
- BALLISTIC AND TOOL MARK
Ballistics section; deals with examination and identification of firearms and explosives, comparison of bullets, cartridges and serial number restoration
- PHOTOGRAPHY LABORATORY
This Section deals with; Scene Photography, Video and Voice analysis, Photographic examination and Motor vehicle number restorations.
- CHEMIST AND TOXICOLOGY
This section deals with analysis of urine, blood to determine presence of drugs in the body of the suspect, analysis of explosive, fire debris and illegal drugs.
Toxicology; deals with analysis of blood, body fluid to determine toxic and poisonous substance in human body. To determine cause of death or cause of fatal accident, or if someone was poisoned to death
- BIOLOGY (DNA)
Is a mandated section that deals with DNA analysis of different cases of murder, rape, Disaster Victims Identification (DVI)?
- PATHOLOGY AND ANTHROLOPOLOGY
Pathology: Deals with examination of corpse to determining the cause and manner of death in collaboration with Government Hospitals
Anthropology: Focuses on recognition and recovery of skeletonized human remains, sex determination and age determination.